Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Justin Bieber: The Anakin Skywalker of music?..







Now this white boy has been around for a good minute. He built himself a HUGE fanbase off the net, and EVERYBODY is calling him the next big thing. Justin Bieber is the definition of a pop artist. Cute lil voice?, check, good looking for his age?, check (no homo), has the voice to melt little girl's hearts?, check, money maker? CHI-CHING!. So it's no wonder why Usher signed this dude when he discovered him on Youtube, he saw that C.R.E.A.M. This dude came a decade late after the era of pop music. Bieber would have fit perfectly with the pop acts at the time such as NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, Britney, Christina, etc. Now these artist have grown up and so have their fans. Which now leaves the new generation of youngsters searching for that next artist to blow up. And Bieber was pretty much at the right place at the right time. Now when I first heard this dude, my reaction was that he is garbage. His music was straight up teeny bopper and those young stupid 12-14 year old girls will love him. However, what I did find stranger was how much mainstream love he was getting. I see him taking pics with major celebrities, and major music artist and it seemed like his peers really liked him. That God awful track Baby rapes my ears everytime I hear it. Luda probably got a pretty big check for that. For godsake he was nominated for a BET Award!! But it's BET so I will rule this out, they been fucking up. I still thought he was garbage...period.

However, just recently I listened to some of his music and I was actually quite surprised. I was surprised on how good of a singer he is for his age, his voice kind of reminds me of a young J5 MJ. The dude is musically gifted and can play damn near any instrument. The dude can dance too, nothing too MJ let, but within time it might upgrade. However, I was still shaky on him..

Now when I heard that Kanye & Raekwon wanted to work with him I was as confused as everybody. I wasn't really surprised with Kanye wanted to work with him, but Raekwon from the motherfucking Wu-Tang Clan?!? **cue's Odd Couple theme song** like everybody I wanted to see how this was going to work.

So when this leaked a yesterday, I was surprised, Kanye worked his magic and flipped the beat for Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nothing To Fuck With beat and made it a record for Justin Bieber. Even through the Chief and Kanye's verse felt dark and grim, Bieber's voice fit perfectly to the beat. I was surprise that it is a hot record because I CANNOT stop listening to it..they better do a video for this..

After this track, I have a feeling more artist are gonna wanna holla at lil Justin because people seem to forget he is only 16. He is not even in his prime let, wait till he starts producing his own music and writing his own songs. This dude might be the next Justin Timberlake, or if he plays his cards right, he might be the heir to MJ's throne, only time will tell..but the force is strong with this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment