Thursday, June 24, 2010

Busby's Favorite MJ Tracks: Butterflies (Invincible)





Invincible would be sadly the last album made by Michael Jackson. This was the first album made by MJ in 4 years, and please believe the hype was real. Now IMO this album is my least favorite albums made by Michael. It wasnt bad, it wasn't good, it was just wasn't up to MJ standards in my book. However, there WERE quite a few stand out tracks on there, songs like Unbreakable, Break Of Dawn, Heaven Can Wait, 2000 Watts, & Cry.

My favorite song on this album is the Floetry penned track Butterflies. This track is so good, I am so surprised that Michael didn't write it. MJ's vocals on this track are amazing, and it gives you that calm soothing feel. For some reason when I first heard this song I thought Dr. Dre produced it, IDK why but it kinda sounds like something he would make. Marsha Ambrosius sang her little melody on this track too and help bring this song to life. I was kinda mad that Sony pulled the plug on the campaign for the album because this song could have REALLY made some noise. I would have KILLED a nigga to see MJ perform this song live...he probably was going to do that at This Is It, but now we will never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment